pointing become "BITTERSWEET" review his past record

POINTING FEEL BITTERSWEET:

Ponting, on 17, needed eight more runs to overtake Border's Test run record of 11, 174. He achieved that with ease. But he was caught behind trying to hook and claimed he was unhappy with himself for exposing austrila  middle-order to England's reverse swing barrage.


He was trying to do the best I can to win games for the team and today and I felt likely I let a few of us down.

Michael Clarke and I had a reasonable partnership going and then I got out and exposed some of our other batters to some good quality bowling. It's a strange sort of feeling right at the moment.

He has been aware of the looming record for several weeks but insisted the milestone would not mean much until he finished his career. When he was viewing up the past records it was an golden moment for him and work lot for his own.